This recipe is designed for a 26 cm springform pan.
Preparation time: approx. 20 minutes working time + 60 minutes baking time
250 g flour (type 405)
125 g vegan margarine (room temperature)
75 g sugar
1/2 sachet baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla aroma powder* or vanilla paste* or the pulp of half a vanilla pod
5 tablespoons vegetable milk
pinch of salt
1 kg of vanilla soy yogurt
100 g vegan margarine
90 g white sugar
75 - 100 g poppy seeds (whole or ground)
1 tablespoon vanilla flavor powder* or vanilla paste* or the pulp of a vanilla pod
2 teaspoons starch
2 packages of custard powder
juice of half a lemon
Zest of half a lemon
pinch of salt
300 g raspberries (frozen or fresh)
40 ml agave syrup*
5 g agar-agar*.
First, preheat the oven to 180 degrees, mix the ingredients of the base to a smooth dough, and spread evenly on the base and sides in a lightly greased springform pan.
Then melt the margarine for the filling and put it aside. Then mix yogurt, sugar, vanilla, starch, vanilla pudding powder, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a bowl until smooth, and finally mix in the cooled margarine.
Now put about half of the cheesecake filling into another bowl and stir in the poppy seeds. Now spread the poppy seed filling on the previously laid out cake base in the springform pan and carefully spread the remaining cheesecake mixture on top.
Now cover the springform pan with baking paper or aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 40 minutes. After the 40 minutes, remove the cover and bake for another 20 minutes.
Remove the finished cake from the oven and let it cool down for about 2 hours. Meanwhile, defrost the frozen raspberries and blend them with a blender or hand blender together with the agave syrup until smooth. Now put the raspberry sauce into a pot, stir in the agar-agar powder, bring to the boil briefly, simmer for about one minute, and finally spread it on the cooling cheesecake in the springform pan.
Finally, let the cheesecake cool down completely and enjoy it later.
- You can also replace the soy yogurt with cashew, coconut, or other types of yogurt. Especially if you cannot or do not want to use soy yogurt. Possibly one should increase then the addition of the vanilla extract if necessary
- The amount of sugar in the cheesecake mass can be adjusted at will
- You could also add more poppy seeds to the dough and not make it half poppy seed, half normal cheesecake
- The raspberries can of course also be exchanged for delicious cherries, plums, or other
- Of course, you can also just leave out the poppy seeds completely and bake a cheesecake with raspberry mirror
- For a small cake in a 20cm springform pan, simply cut all ingredients in half. The baking time is extended by up to 10 minutes
- The times given may vary depending on the oven, so feel free to try and find the perfect result for you. After baking, the cheesecake should be golden yellow and not too soft